Seasonal Property Insurance
Lakeside cottages and country-side seasonal properties are the stuff of legend in Ontario. They are also getting more sophisticated, sometimes converting to full time homes and always full of family and friends. What hasn't changed, no matter how quaint or rambling your place, is the need for insurance that is tailored to seasonal structures.
That's a 365-day per year job - not just when you're there. We view seasonal property insurance just like you do - cover the big stuff, don't over-do it and stay on top of issues before they get out of control.
Your spring and fall maintenance keeps the little things from getting bigger. Your Commonwell Insurance package works for you year 'round. If your property qualifies, our policies include:
- Collapse due to weight of ice or snow
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Damage by squirrels/raccoons
- Damage caused by your pets
- Ice damming
- Water escape
- Water plus (flood and sewer back up)
- Special limits that cover things like bicycles, canoes and snowblowers
- Food freezer coverage
- Damage from animals such as squirrels or raccoons
- Particular shrub or tree coverage
- Perils including septic tank or fuel leakage
- Domestic service line coverage
Work with a broker or agent who will get to know your cottage inside out and backwards to ensure it’s as covered for all the big stuff.
Find A Broker
Select the broker most convenient to you: