CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
“What Makes Where You Live Special?”
The rules below concern the contest “What Makes Where You Live Special?” that you’re about to enter. Please follow them carefully but above all, have fun reflecting on what makes where you live a little different, a little special. We’d like to hear about it and help a local charity in your community at the same time. Let’s celebrate being a little different, being individuals, together.
1. Agreement: These rules govern The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group (“The Commonwell”) “What Makes Where You Live Special?” Contest (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judge.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of Ontario, except employees and retirees of The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group, the immediate family members of employees and retirees or any person with whom they are domiciled and The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group’s advertising, promotional agencies and/or contest sponsors, including their affiliates, franchisees, agents, associates and dealers.
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins Wednesday, August 20, 2014, at 12AM EST and ends at 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, December 31, 2014. There will be one (1) prize awarded for this contest period.
4. How to Enter:
- To qualify, please fill in the form accessible at www.thecommonwell.ca/together. Mandatory fields: name, phone number, email address, community (as selected from a predetermined list of options) and your story of “what makes where you live special,” of 100 words or less.
- You must check the agreement box indicating your understanding that the personal information provided will only be used by The Commonwell for the contest, including notification of the contest winner.
- ONE submitted form counts as ONE contest entry. Participants may submit as many forms as they like. Multiple entries will not ensure a contest win.
5. The “Winning Response”: The ‘winning response’ is selected by a panel of judges from The Commonwell and their marketing & advertising agency of record. A ‘winning response’ is an original story of 100 words or less, that expresses an emotional or humourous example of why living in the participant’s particular community is so “great”. The participant with the winning response, selected by the panel of judges, will be notified within four weeks of the contest closing period of December 31, 2014, using the contact information provided by the entrant at the time of entering the Contest. In order to claim the prize, the Customer must sign a standard declaration form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the price as awarded and releasing The Commonwell from any liability arising directly or indirectly from the Contest. The winning response will be posted to www.thecommonwell.ca homepage.
6. Prize: The community selected by the winning participant in their original entry form (as selected from a list of predetermined locations) will receive a donation of $5,000 to a local charity in that community. The ‘local charity’ must be an officially registered charity and will be selected by the panel of judges.
- By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
- The Commonwell is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest.
- The Commonwell reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Commonwell reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned.
- The decisions of The Commonwell in relation to this Contest will be considered final and binding on all entrants.
- The Commonwell and each of its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrant, for any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the creation of an Entry including any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused including computer malfunction, by participation in this Contest or by use or redemption of any prize or by any related activities.
- Except as otherwise provided for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only used by The Commonwell for the purpose of administering the Contest. The entrant agrees to permit The Commonwell to use his/her name, address, city, province or residence, and winning response for advertising and/or publicity purposes without any additional compensation.
9. Entry Requirements: ANY ENTRY DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE OR UNSUITABLE, IN THE COMMONWELL’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Entries must be the original work of entrant
- Entries must not been previously published or won an award or prize of any kind
- Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contains profanity, nudity, sexual content, alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, illegal use of firearms/weapons or promotes any unsafe or dangerous activities; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; any other offensive material
- Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party
- Entries must not include any trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials, other than The Commonwell related materials, or advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than The Commonwell
- Entries must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person or persons (or their estate) depicted in the Entry
- Entries must be in keeping with The Commonwell’s image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of The Commonwell, its subsidiaries or affiliates
- Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation
11. Winner’s Announcement The participant with the winning response will be notified within 4 weeks of the contest closing date (December 31, 2014). The winning response will also be announced and posted on the homepage of The Commonwell’s website, thecommonwell.ca. The charity to which the $5,000 will be donated will be announced at this time.